Emergency Medical Courses
Emergency Medical Technician Class
Summer 2019 EMT Class Starting June 10th
The summer program is a daytime class, meeting Mondays and Wednesdays from 9am-1pm at the Department of Emergency Management Office. You can register for the course by visiting the enrollment page for UMEMS X1000 - Initial Emergency Medical Technician.
Some additional information about our EMT Course:
This class is designed to prepare you for certification as an Emergency Medical Technician following DOT and National Registry guidelines.
Additional information to know about the EMT Program here at the University:
- The course is run solely through the Department of Emergency Management and is a non-credit course.
- You are not able to utilize financial aid for the course, as payment is made directly to the department via check or money order.
- You must attend all classes, clinical rotations and pass the written and practical exams with an 80% to be eligible to sit for the National Registry Exam. Successful completion of this will certify you as a State of Minnesota EMT and NREMT.
- The cost of the course is: $1,700.00.
- You must be CPR certified as well to take the course. If you are not currently certified, we offer that as well. The cost of that course is: $73.00.
- You are not considered registered for the course until your completed application and payment have been received by the Department of Emergency Management.
Continuing EMS Education
UMEMS provides external and internal courses in many areas. External courses are open to the public, while internal courses are open to UMEMS members only. Courses are offered on an as-needed basis.
For more information on current course offerings and availability, contact UMEMS at 612-625-8047 or via email email@example.com.
Below is a list of classes UMEMS offers:
|Basic Life Support Instructor (BLS-I)||-||Yes|
|CPR for the Healthcare Professional||Yes||Yes|
|Heartsaver CPR & AED||Yes||Yes|
|HeartStart AED Use||Yes||Yes|
|Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Initial||Yes||Yes|
|Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Refresher||-||Yes|
|First Responder (FR) Initial||-||Yes|
|First Responder (FR) Refresher||-||Yes|