Emergency Medical Courses
EMT Refresher Course
This 20-hour NCCP course will be held February 1-2, 2020. Tuition is $275. This is a hybrid course including 16 hours in class and 4 hours of online education. Registration now available.
Emergency Medical Technician Class
Summer 2020 EMT Class Starting in June
This is an evening class, meeting Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00am-1:00pm, at the Department of Emergency Management Office. You can register for the course by visiting the enrollment page for UMEMS X1000 - Initial Emergency Medical Technician.
Some additional information about our EMT Course:
This class is designed to prepare you for certification as an Emergency Medical Technician following DOT and National Registry guidelines.
Additional information to know about the EMT Program here at the University:
- The course is run solely through the Department of Emergency Management and is a non-credit course.
- You are not able to utilize financial aid for the course, as payment is made by credit card through the online registration portal.
- You must attend all classes, clinical rotations and pass the written and practical exams with an 80% to be eligible to sit for the National Registry Exam. Successful completion of this will certify you as a State of Minnesota EMT and NREMT.
- The cost of the course is: $1,700.00.
- You must be CPR-Certified in order to successfully complete the course. If you are not currently BLS-Certified by the American Heart Association, or BLS for the Professional Rescuer by the American Red Cross, BLS will be provided during the course.
In order to successfully complete the EMT course, all candidates must also complete the following online courses through the FEMA Emergency Management Institute. These courses are free and can be completed online. Ideally, candidates will complete this training prior to the first day of class, but it must be completed before the final exam. Completion certificates should be printed and brought to class on day 1.
- IS-100.C, Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS100
- IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System
- IS-5.A: An Introduction to Hazardous Materials
Continuing EMS Education
UMEMS provides external and internal courses in many areas. External courses are open to the public, while internal courses are open to UMEMS members only. Courses are offered on an as-needed basis.
For more information on current course offerings and availability, contact UMEMS at 612-625-8047 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a list of classes UMEMS offers:
|CPR for the Healthcare Professional||Yes||Yes|
|Heartsaver CPR & AED||Yes||Yes|
|HeartStart AED Use||Yes||Yes|
|Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Initial||Yes||Yes|
|Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Refresher||Yes||Yes|
|For groups interested in an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) course or refresher, please contact email@example.com.|