Emergency Medical Courses
Emergency Medical Technician Class
Fall 2019 EMT Class Starting September 9th
This is an evening class, meeting Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30pm-9:30pm (except November 27th), at the Department of Emergency Management Office. You can register for the course by visiting the enrollment page for UMEMS X1000 - Initial Emergency Medical Technician.
Some additional information about our EMT Course:
This class is designed to prepare you for certification as an Emergency Medical Technician following DOT and National Registry guidelines.
Additional information to know about the EMT Program here at the University:
- The course is run solely through the Department of Emergency Management and is a non-credit course.
- You are not able to utilize financial aid for the course, as payment is made directly to the department via check or money order.
- You must attend all classes, clinical rotations and pass the written and practical exams with an 80% to be eligible to sit for the National Registry Exam. Successful completion of this will certify you as a State of Minnesota EMT and NREMT.
- The cost of the course is: $1,700.00.
- You must be CPR-Certified in order to successfully complete the course. If you are not currently BLS-Certified by the American Heart Association, or BLS for the Professional Rescuer by the American Red Cross, BLS will be provided during the course for an additional fee during the course.
Continuing EMS Education
UMEMS provides external and internal courses in many areas. External courses are open to the public, while internal courses are open to UMEMS members only. Courses are offered on an as-needed basis.
For more information on current course offerings and availability, contact UMEMS at 612-625-8047 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a list of classes UMEMS offers:
|Basic Life Support Instructor (BLS-I)||-||Yes|
|CPR for the Healthcare Professional||Yes||Yes|
|Heartsaver CPR & AED||Yes||Yes|
|HeartStart AED Use||Yes||Yes|
|Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Initial||Yes||Yes|
|Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Refresher||-||Yes|
|First Responder (FR) Initial||-||Yes|
|First Responder (FR) Refresher||-||Yes|